Office Manager/ Administrative Assistant to the Pastor Position
Central Christian Church has an immediate opening for the position of Office Manager/Administrative Assistant to the Pastor. The ideal candidate would be a team player who is comfortable working in a church setting, who represents the values and spirit of the church, and who has strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Job Title: Office Manager/ Administrative Assistant to the Pastor
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Position Status: Part-Time, Hourly (24-36 hours per week). Salary range - $12-15 per hour.
Position Start Date: Immediately
Purpose: The purpose of this position is to manage the church office and to provide administrative support to the Senior Pastor.
- Agreement with the Church Core Values and Statement of Beliefs and Practices.
- Integrity in areas of Christian character.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, mail merge, and data management.
- Must be detail oriented and able to anticipate support needed for church programming.
- Ability to successfully complete a background check upon hire.
- Must be able to answer basic questions about the church’s beliefs and religious practices.
- Attendance at Central is preferred but exceptions could be made for the right candidate.
- Flexible based on the needs of the office and availability of the employee.
- Job sharing would be considered with the right candidates.
- Assist Senior Pastor with management of appointments, scheduling, and church communication.
- Coordinate church mailings.
- Greet and assist all walk-in visitors to the church office.
- Take incoming phone calls and check voice mail.
- Manage all correspondence and phone calls received at church office.
- Maintain membership database and track contacts with visitors.
- Prepare, proof, and print church bulletin.
- Track supplies in church office and kitchen and restock as necessary.
- Update church calendar.
- Make copies as needed for church programs and events.